Sunday, September 22, 2013

2 days post op


We are home! I can't believe how well Ruby did after surgery. She stayed off of oxygen and went right to sleeping on her tummy again. I was shocked. We even got back to bolus feeds in the hospital, which I wasn't planning on, so that has Been an even better transition. 
As soon as we put her in her own bed, she immediately relaxed as if an, "I'm home!" Was going to come out of her mouth.
We decided not to do the nissen fundoplication or the wrap around her tube to prevent her from spitting up. When things are going well, she doesn't spit up that much and I didn't feel comfortable doing it "just in case". The GI surgeon said we could always go back in a few weeks if we need to add it, but she has done such a great job, with such few spit ups, I am hopeful we won't need it.
It's so great to see her sweet little face without tubes being taped to her cheeks! As hard as this surgery was for me, I can already see the positive side of things.



1 comment:

  1. YAY! Look at that cute little grin in the first picture and those precious tube-free cheeks! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete